- We do not rent, sell, or otherwise provide any personally identifiable information to third parties without your consent, except as described in this policy or required by law.
Special Registration Requirements of Minors
If you are under age 13, you are not authorized to use the GOGI Service unless all of the following apply:
1.) You have obtained permission from your parent or guardian to use GOGI
2.) Your parent or guardian completes the Game of Golf Institute Consent Form (PDF). This consent form can be accessed and downloaded via this link: http://bit.ly/gogiconsent. The consent form contains instructions on how to send the signed consent form back to GOGI.
3.) Your parent or guardian assists you to complete your registration and
4.) Your participation is also under the supervision of a PGA-certified golf instructor or program.
If you are between the age of 13 and 18, you must have a parent assist in the completion of registration. In addition if you are between the age of 13 and 18, you represent that you possess legal parental or guardian consent to use the Service.
How GOGI Protects Information of Minors
GOGI has implemented special safety measures and privacy controls to protect the data of any youth member under the age of 18 ("Minor") including:
- Minors that register on GOGI will be identified on our site by first name and first initial of their last name (for example, "Alex F.") only " never a full name.
- By default, other GOGI members cannot see any information (profile data, stats, photos, etc.) of any Minor, unless that GOGI member is a "GOGI Friend" of that Minor on the GOGI website. A "GOGI Friend" is a member of the GOGI community that has sent or received a formal request to be a friend of the Minor using GOGI"s online communication tools. The Minor can choose to accept or deny ANY friend request. If the Minor accepts the Friend Request, that GOGI member becomes a "GOGI Friend" of the Minor and allowed to view content (photos, videos, golf scores) posted by the Minor that the Minor has chosen to be visible to GOGI Friends in his or her permissions settings. Examples of GOGI Friends include friends, family and instructors known by the Minor and his or her parents. Please note that any communication, interaction and/or friend requests among the Minor and other GOGI members is clearly viewable within the Minor"s profile information and usage history. Therefore, GOGI recommends to parents of GOGI participants to regularly monitor and supervise your child's activities on GOGI. Parents may, for example, want to set rules for your child about whom he or she can talk to, what discussion topics are allowed, and what personal information, if any, is okay to share.
- GOGI does not share any Minor personal contact information such as email addresses, phone numbers, date of birth, address, etc. with any GOGI members at any time.
- Personally identifiable data (name, address, email, phone number) is NEVER sold to third parties.
- All GOGI members own their own data
- All GOGI members can delete their own data, modify profile information or close their account at any time.
- Should you have any questions, feedback or wish to report any inappropriate behavior, please email our privacy team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Only "friend" GOGI members you and your parents know well.
- Always be careful when sending a "friend" request to someone
- Always be careful when accepting requests from people you do not know
- Never post your full name, address or phone number when communicating with other GOGI members.
- Never share your password with anyone.
- Be very cautious about posting and sharing personal information, especially information that could be used to identify you or locate you off-line
- NEVER meet someone in person that you meet online without your parents
- Email GOGI at email@example.com when anyone sends you unwanted or inappropriate communications.
- Encourage your children to follow GOGI's safety tips
- Ask your child to send you a "friend" request on GOGI so that you can view their GOGI profiles
- Regularly monitor and supervise your child's activities on GOGI.
- Set rules for your child about whom he or she can talk to, what discussion topics are allowed, and what personal information, if any, is okay to share on GOGI.
Links to Other Web Sites
Integrating Third Party Services within the Service
One of the special features of the Service is that it allows you to enable various online third party services, such as social media and social networking services ("Third Party Services"), to be directly integrated into your GOGI experience. By directly integrating these services, we make your online experiences richer, and more personalized. To take advantage of this feature, we will ask you to provide us your username and password for the relevant Third Party Services. By enabling such Third Party Services, you are allowing us to pass your log-in information to these service providers for this purpose. When you add a Third Party Service account to the Service, we will collect your login information and other relevant information necessary to enable the Service to access that Third Party Service and your data contained within that Third Party Service. However, please remember that the manner in which Third Party Services use, store and disclose your information is governed solely by the policies of such third parties, and GOGI shall have no liability or responsibility for the privacy practices or other actions of any Third Party Service that may be enabled within the Service.Security
GOGI uses industry standard protocols reasonable steps to protect the Personal Data provided via the Service from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet, email or other electronic transmission is ever fully secure or error free, so you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us in this way.
Other Terms and Conditions
Access to Information; Contacting GOGI
To keep your Personal Data accurate, current, and complete, please contact us as specified below. We will take reasonable steps to update or correct Personal Data in our possession that you have previously submitted via the Service.